We started by 12-dec night. Though we booked in first class A/C in Rockfort express, boarding the train in tambaram was bit of a struggle as A/C coaches were not together and esp the first class A/c was seperated. The train was supposed to halt for jus couple of mins and we had to hurry to the First AC compartment. I couldn’t run and we boarded the train few compartments before in 3rd AC compartments. Train started almost immediately after we boarded. We finally reached our respective coach and timing was perfect that train reached chengelpet station. Athai and athimber were waiting there with much anticipation. After few minutes we started sleeping and train was going like a rocking coach. I felt very difficult and uncomfortable, had to sit for few minutes throughout the night and somehow manage. Can relate this to maatu vandi which is bit faster with less bumpy roads!!

When we reached Kumbakonam, we were happy that there were no stairs like in Tambaram. We saw Balaji, Govind’s cousin awaiting our arrival. We chose to take a cab instead of van since I felt it would delay and also van was not comfortable after the tiresome journey. We paid 200/- and reached the mandapam in 20 mins.

Since the train reached there around 7:45 only, the Jathagarna Namagarnam function was over. We dressed up and everyone went to have breakfast and coffee. Appa got pongal and vadai for me and I had it after long time. Appa, amma, athai, athimber left to tour on some temples. I was left chatting with Radha and other ppl there. Later once ppl are back frm temple, we got ready for the Nitchaythartham function in the evening. It happened in the Uppiliappan kovil mandapam. Since next day it was early morning muhurtham we planned to sleep early, but finally after doing all talking we slept around 11 I guess. Before I was ready in the morning the Unjal function started and I came perfectly when they were coming back to medai. Wedding was over in a couple of hours. Had gud time seeing the events and taking snaps.

Appa and Amma again went to temples and rain started to pour outside as I was thinking of going to Kovil. Finally dropped the plan and went on to sleep. Woke up later and thought of talking with Radha, but she went for marriage registration and other formalities. So I started packing for the night return journey. Since its the same train, I mentally prepared myself for the worst conditions. There was a kalyana urchavam organised by my inlaws in the temple, so was attending that in the evening. Came back and packed everything and left to station bit early. But since it was first platform, we need not climb any stairs. Also we got a stroller and porter to take our luggages. Rched tambaram in the wee hours of the morning and were welcomed by mild rain which later turned to a heavier one. Finally reached home and slept for few hrs to gain back basic energy! 🙂